Call for Essays: Non-Proliferation and Disarmament

Call for Essays: Non-Proliferation and Disarmament

PEACE REVIEW: A JOURNAL OF SOCIAL JUSTICE is an international journal
distributed in more than 50 nations. We seek essays on the above theme
for a special issue.

Since Hiroshima and Nagasaki, nuclear warfare has been a constant
possibility with every military situation. Specifically now, in the
terrorist-obsessed, post-9/11 world, international security is under
intense scrutiny as we consider modern warfare and society. Does
security really exist? What are the long-term goals for global
disarmament? How are we culturally, religiously and sociologically
affected by the nuclear threat? Will weapons extend into space? What
is the role of nuclear terrorism? What is the next step for Iran,
Israel, India, Pakistan, and North Korea? Peace Review invites
submissions for a special issue devoted to the goals, side-effects and
reality of non-proliferation and disarmament in today's society.

The Special Editor for this issue will be Randall Forsberg, Nuclear
Freeze founder and President of the Institute for Defense &
Disarmament Studies, Cambridge, USA

Please send essays on this theme by April 15, 2006. Essays should
run between 2500 and 3500 words, and should be jargon- and footnote-
free. See Submission Guidelines at
http://www.usfca.edu/peacereview/PRHome.html

Send essays to:
Robert Elias (Editor) or Kerry Donoghue (Managing Editor)
Peace Review
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117-1080