This Sun.: No Nukes! No War!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
http://www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
SUNDAY, MAY 1: END THE WAR! ABOLISH NUKES!
NYC March and Rally Against the Iraq War & for Nuclear Disarmament

Assemble 11AM, 1st Ave North of 50th Street, NYC
March by the United Nations
Rally 2PM at Heckscher Ballfields in Central Park (near Columbus Circle)

Visit http://www.unitedforpeace.org for details

Donations needed to support this protest! http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate

We are just days away from the demonstration in New York City on May 1. On
the day before the U.N. reviews the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, tens
of thousands will march and rally for global nuclear disarmament and an
immediate end to the Iraq War. There is still time to make your plans to be
part of the important event, and to help get the word out to others.

People from around the U.S. and delegations from around the world will be
joining us for this mobilization, including at least 1,000 people from
Japan. Survivors of the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki 60
years ago will march with us, dramatizing the stakes in the global struggle
to abolish all nuclear weapons.

The protest will also highlight our urgent demand to bring the troops home
from Iraq now. A week after the U.S. Senate joined the House in supporting
George W. Bush's request for an additional $80+ billion to fund the
disastrous Iraq War, we will send a loud and clear message to elected
officials: The anti-war movement is going to hold you accountable for the
appalling waste of lives in this unjustifiable war and the crippling effect
of the ballooning war budget on essential social programs here at home.

The final touches are being put on what promises to be an exciting march
and rally. Participants in the program include the Mayors of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki, survivors of the atomic bombings of those cities, Daniel
Ellsberg, Dr. Helen Caldicott, ex-CIA agent Ray McGovern, ex-State
Department office Ann Wright, Michael McPherson from Veterans for Peace and
an Iraqi war veteran, representatives from Black Voices for Peace, Young
Koreans United, Sept. 11 th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Military
Families Speak Out and other community groups. And there will be
performances by Tim Reynolds (guitarist from the Dave Matthews Band), rock
group Antibalas, Dave Rovicks, Emma's Revolution as well as theatre and
poetry. During the rally dozens of mayors and representatives of peace
organizations from around the world will be introduced. In addition,
several interactive stations will be set up at the rally site for people to
get literature, sign petitions, and speak with activists, in!
 cluding survivors from the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

You can help make this important event a success! Organize a group of
friends to accompany you for this march and rally, forward this email to
everyone who might be interested, and download and distribute leaflets from
our website. (If you live in the greater NYC area you can come by the UFPJ
office for leaflets, posters, and stickers.) And if you can put in a few
hours as part of our volunteer teams on May 1 please call the office right
away: 212-868-5545.

Can't make it to the protest? You can support this critically imporant work
by making a much-needed financial contribution to help cover the many costs
associated with organizing a demonstration of this size. Visit
http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate to contribute by credit card online,
call our office at 212-868-5545 to make a credit card donation by phone, or
mail a check to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times Square Station, NY NY 10108. We
need your support, and we need it today!

UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE NEEDS YOUR HELP TODAY
Please visit http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate or call 212-868-5545
and make the most generous contribution you can today