Countdown to April 29 Protest

<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545 |
If you are having trouble viewing this message, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=4&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3244>click
here.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=5&url=http://www.april29.org/>General
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=6&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3200>Download
leaflets
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=7&url=http://www.april29.org/modinput4.php?modin=8>Sign
up to volunteer
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=8&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3216>Transportation
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=9&url=http://www.april29.org/housing.php>Housing
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=10&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3233>Festival
info
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=11&url=http://www.april29.org/april29email>Receive
email updates
Please forward widely!

Saturday, April 29:
March for Peace, Justice and Democracy!
March steps off at 12 noon
Gather at 22nd and Broadway
Grassroots Action Festival in Foley Square, 1:00pm - 6:00pm

The April 29 March for Peace, Justice, and Democracy is only 9 days away.
While a tremendous organizing effort has been underway for weeks now, the
difference between a large protest and a truly massive one comes in the
last week of mobilizing. What you do in this critical time can make the
difference.

Now is the time to urge everyone you know to join us in the streets of New
York City on Saturday, April 29, to demand an immediate end to the Iraq War
and a new direction for this county. Now is the time to say no to war or
any military action against Iran. Now is the time to show the ties between
the peace and justice movements!

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=12&url=http://www.april29.org/article.php?id=3211>Amap
of the assembly area and march route is now available on the April 29
website. There you'll find details about where contingents are gathering
and the best public transportation to take to the march, as well as tools
for your organizing efforts.

Help make this march a colorful, vibrant expression of dissent by bringing
musical instruments, signs, and banners. UFPJ has a new poster against war
in Iran --
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=13&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/downloads/NO%20WAR%20on%20Iran.doc>please
download it now, enlarge it and bring copies to carry. Be sure to have
banners saying where you are from and the name of your group.

Note that the New York Police Department only allows signs to be carried on
cardboard tubes; metal, wood, and plastic poles are prohibited.

We still need lots of volunteers to help out with every aspect of the day,
from distributing information to collecting email sign-ups and donations.
If you can help, please
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=14&url=http://www.april29.org/modinput4.php?modin=8>visit
our website to sign up.

If you know about a bus or train or any other group transportation, please
make sure to send that to us right away. Send an email to
<mailto:buses at april29.org>buses at april29.org today. In order to make the
best plans for drop-off and pick-up, we need this information.

If you live in NYC and can offer housing for people coming from out of
town, please sign up today by
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=15&url=http://www.april29.org/housing.php>clicking
here.

And we still need to raise more funds to cover all of the costs associated
with this mobilization. We are organizing this important mobilization as
inexpensively as possible, but it still takes money to put it all together
-- and we need your help. If you can’t make it to NYC on April 29, this is
a concrete way to lend your support!

Please make the most generous contribution you can today -- you can
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=110830027&url_num=16&url=http://www.unitedforpeace.org/donate>make
a credit card donation online, a credit card donation over the phone
(212-868-5545), or mail a check or money order to UFPJ, P.O. Box 607, Times
Square Station, NY, NY 10108.

See you in the streets on April 29!

ACTION ALERT * UNITED FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/>www.unitedforpeace.org | 212-868-5545
To subscribe, visit
<http://www.unitedforpeace.org/email>www.unitedforpeace.org/email